The Yankees will begin their postseaon this Wednesday in Minnesota. Today is only Monday. What will we do during this period of no baseball? Don’t worry, the internet should keep us busy. Here’s a few links to check out.
- Frankie Piliere compiled great scouting reports on each playoff team. Here’s the link for the Twins, and here’s the Yankees.
- Joe Pawlikowski of River Ave Blues discussed how the Yankees are not the only team stumbling into the playoffs.
- Chad Jennings gives his take on what he thinks the playoff roster should be for the Yankees. I agree with him.
- In a surprising move, the Mets let go of both GM Omar Minaya and manager Jerry Manuel.
- One of the more prominent discussions about the Yankees postseason is over who will start game two. Will it be Andy Pettitte or Phil Hughes? My vote is for Hughes. I could explain my reasons, but Rebecca of This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes did a much better job than I would have done. While you’re there you can also read the rest of her thoughts on the postseason.
I don’t know what to make of this.